Is a consultation required before starting services?
- Yes, to ensure everyone’s safety.
How far out in advance can I book?
- As far out as your would like! A deposit will be required up front to reserve your spot.
- We do HIGHLY recommend you book as soon as possible.
Does Fire Hydrant board dogs?
Not at this time.
Can a pet sitter stay overnight within my home?
- Due to California’s AB5 Law, we are unable to provide this service to California residents.
- In Chicago, we only offer dog walking services, and soon to be a doggy daycare facility.
Is the Fire Hydrant Team licensed, bonded, and insured?
Can I have a discount for the more walks/visits I book?
- We do not offer any discounts based off the amount of visits or walks you book since you are paying for the time and time slot that you are reserving for your pet. We have some of the best employees and want to compensate them appropriately.
Are there any additional fees?
Do visits around/on the holidays cost more?
- Yes, please click here to view what dates our holiday rate applies.
Is there a minimum amount of walks I can book a week?
- Yes, a minimum of two (2) walks per week is required to promote a productive, safe, and structured walk that can give your dog a healthy routine.
Something came up last minute and I need my pet cared for, can Fire Hydrant do it? Is there an extra fee?
- Absolutely, feel free to contact us for any services you may need, even if it is last minute. There is no last minute booking fee.
- PLEASE NOTE: Since it is a last minute request, it is not guaranteed that we can fulfill your request.
- Must be a current client. For any new clients, a consultation is required beforehand. Schedule a time to chat with us today to set up a time to meet.
We got home early, can I cancel my scheduled booking last minute?
- You can, but a refund will not be given. We do require a 24-hour notice for cancellations.
Does Fire Hydrant train dogs?
- In California, no, but we do know some great people who do! However, leash training is included in our dog walking services.
- In Chicago, we do provide basic obedience training and leash training.
Can my pet join the pack walks?
What kinds of animals does Fire Hydrant care for?
- Small Mammals
- Caged reptiles with no live feedings
- Caged birds
Do you accept aggressive breeds?
- Yes, do an extent. An assessment will take place during the consultation.
What are your COVID-19 protocols?
- Upon your request, Fire Hydrant will wear a mask while within your home.
- For dog walks, we use our own equipment.
- For drop-in visits and cat care we make sure to wipe everything down each visit to reduce the spread of COVID-19.